Monday, March 29, 2010

A Few Random New Ones....

I'm going to keep this kinda short because I've had such a stressful week last week. So let's get right into the cakes!


70th Birthday Dance Theme Cake
Small 8" Chocolate Diabetic Cake with Chocolate Ganache Filling. Covered the cake in a purple fondant and used chocolate fondant for the accents. I hand cut all the dancing figures around the side and used cutters for the circles. For the 70, I rolled fondant, shaped it, and sprinkled glitter dust to make it shine. For the ribbon, I hand cut it out, and laid it over dowels for it to hold it shaped as it dried, then hand piped Happy Birthday.
Easter/Spring/Baby Girl-Baby Shower Cake
12" Red Velvet with Buttercream filling and 8" White with Raspberry Filling both covered with fondant. All accents are made with fondant. This was a first attempt using the quilting technique, I really wished that I had just done the sides because it started getting confusing on top. The baby carriage was cut and warmed up in the oven to give it a fabric effect then decoration were added after cooled. Overall, I was very pleased with how this cake turned out. Of course, after my last baby shower cake, I was terrified to deliver it.... but luckily I've learned from the mistakes and was able to build this much stronger and sturdier. Thanks to a great website that I found, Cakecentral.com, I have been able to learn all sorts of new techniques so that my cakes look better and better!
The Bunny...

I used a cookie cutter for the outline of the bunny but I wanted to give him more of a 3D effect so I built him up using fondant accents. He's so cute!

I just learned that I have another cake this weekend, using a spring theme.... it's also from my first repeat buyer!! woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment